About Melbourne Kids Therapy
At Melbourne Kids Therapy we empower children to build their skills and confidence to participate in everyday activities. We work closely with parents and teachers to share strategies and incorporate therapy into everyday home and school life.
Melbourne Kids Therapy Director
Karyn has over 12 years of experience as a Pediatric Occupational Therapist (OT) working with children of all ages. In addition to a Masters of Occupational Therapy, Karyn holds an Arts Degree with Honours in Psychology. Karyn is also an experienced educator and presenter. She has worked as an educator at Kangan Tafe, delivered training and presentations for teachers, parents and medical professionals. Karyn has also been employed in various Project positions including developing recommendations to improve service delivery for a statewide disability service.
- Master of Occupational Therapy Practice (La Trobe University)
- Bachelor of Arts Degree with Honours in Psychology (Melbourne University)
- Early Start Denver Model
- Social Thinking® (www.socialthinking.com) including The Incredible Flexible You®, We Thinkers® and Superflex®
- Family partnerships training (Royal Childrens Hospital)
- Strengths based practice
- Mifne Method (children with Autism)